The Krishi Vigyan Kendra is a district level farm science center established by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi at Barmer district of Rajasthan for speedy transfer of technology to the farmers’ fields. Administrative control by Society To Uplift Rural Economy (SURE), Barmer. The operational area of this KVK comes under the western arid zone of Rajasthan. The aim of KVK Barmer is to reduce the time lag between generation of technology at the research institutions and its transfer to the farmer's field for increasing production, productivity and income from the agriculture and allied sectors on a sustained basis. In order to achieve this goal, four mandates have been envisaged in the design of the KVK Barmer.
- Aims and Objectives :
- To organize short and long term training course for increased farm production and improved home life and living.
- To develop a programme of outreach into remote areas, to identify marginal and small farmers and train them through work experience on the ICAR,KVK demonstration units.
- To initiate the trainees into agricultural know-how considering them needs and constraints of the villages in the areas of:
- Crop, fruit and vegetable farming
- Development of allied agriculture production activity-poultry, dairying, and goat rearing.
- Initiating group approach (SHG,s) among the farmer’s for their livelihood development .
- Developing the entrepreneurial skills among the rural peoples through different income generation activities.
- To develop training programme for women to enhance their skill and integrate their effort with the other members of the family towards increasing farm production and income generation.
- To link the training with follow up programmes, to measure and monitor the actual impact of training in terms of improvement in agricultural and ailed production activities through built in interdisciplinary approach.
- Mandates :
- Conducting on-farm testing to identify the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Organizing frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of various crops and enterprises on the farmers’ fields.
- Organizing need based training of farmers to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies related to technology assessment, refinement and demonstration and training of extension personnel to orient them in the frontier areas of technology development.
- Creating awareness about improved technologies to larger masses through appropriate extension programmes.
- Production and supply of good quality seeds and planting materials, livestock, poultry and fisheries breeds and products and various bio-products to the farming community.
- Work as resource and knowledge centre of agricultural technology for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Thrust Areas :
- To increase the productivity of commercial crops viz. castor, fennel and mustard.
- Popularization of IPM, INM, IWM technologies in commercial crops like castor, fennel and tomato.
- Introduction to drudgery reducing measures in agriculture and animal husbandry activities especially for women through improvement in health, hygiene and nutrition status of rural families and formation of Self Help Groups.
- Organize vocational training’s for rural youths on dairy management, cutting and tailoring, nursery raising and Repair and maintenance of pump set, diesel engine and tractor etc.
- Diversification of existing cropping pattern by expanding area under horticulture.
- Improvement in local breeds of cow and buffaloes through scientific breeding, AI, feeding and management.
- Dissemination of Hi-tech production technology of horticulture crops including emphasis on micro irrigation and protected cultivation technology.
- To promote the organic farming in cumin and isabgol.
|Year of Start
||2012(sanctioned on 31st March 12)
||Construction work of Administrative building along with farmer hostel is completed
|Farm Power, farm machines and equipment and irrigation infrastructure
|| Tractor-01, Bolero jeep-1 along with trolley, Disc plough-1,
|Any other important facility
|| KVK was sanctioned in March 2012 and funds for infra-structure development will be released in fin. Year 2016-17 by ICAR New Delhi as per the information from Director, ATARI Jodhpur.
|Adoption of ICAR Norms and deviations, if any
Staff of Krishi Vigyan Kendra Gudamalani Barmer - II
||Dr. Pradeep Pagaria
|| Senior Scientist & Head
||Dr. Hari Dayal Choudhary
|| Subject Matter Specialist (Horticulture)
||Dr. L. R. Choudhary
|| Subject Matter Specialist (Agriculture Extension)
||Sh. Lokendra Singh Rathore
|| Program Assistant (Computer)
||Sh. Ganga Ram Mali
|| Program Assistant (Lab Technicain)
||Sh. Turfan Khan
|| Farm Manager
||Sh. Dinesh Kumar
|| Stenographer Grade-III
||Sh. Hanuta Ram